Saturday, February 13, 2010

Are these Olympics cursed?

Did anyone else feel that these Olympics are cursed. First, the tragic death of Georgia's Luger, Nodar Kumaritashvili. I was really upset that the news showed his accident and then of coverage of him in the ambluance. I liked that his country had a black ribbon on their flag and walked in calmly with black armbands. Don't you think every country should have a black ribbon on their flag and all Olympians wearing an armband? It really could have happened to anyone. Then, during the opening ceremony, the torch thing didn't work properly. Such a shame.
I did love K.D. Lang's performance of Hallelujah. Absolutely beautiful and simple. Shows you don't need to spend millions to inspire. Also, Shane Koyczan's poem about Canada was great. I could listen to his voice all day. That man should become a great public speaker. I also enjoyed the mountains with the skiiers and snowboarders in read. Again, simply elegant.
I'm looking forward to the Figure Skating and the Biathlon. What are you looking forward to watching?
Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment