Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Night Sew-in

Did you hear about the Friday Night Sew-in? I plan on joining. I'll try and finish my sewing machine cover & watch the Olympics. Sounds like a perfect Friday night to me. Hopefully nothing will change. It's been a rough week at work and I could use a nice quiet night all to myself.
100 Books in 2010
10. Heartbreak Cafe by Penelope J. Stokes. This was my February Book Club selection. It was a good easy lighthearted book. I like that the lead character was a strong woman that got a lot of help from her friends. My favorite part was the beginning where her cheating husband dies and she buries him in the clothes (including black silk undies) that he was found in.
11. The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan. This is our April book club selection. I already read it since it was 1/2 price at B&N. It really makes me want to go to Niagra Falls and the history woven into the story was really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading the Day the Falls Stood Still. I have been calling or skyping into book clubs. If you'd like to arrange this for your club, you can do that here: http://cathymariebuchanan.com/contact/

    Cathy

    -----
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cathy-Marie-Buchanan/99983324209

    ReplyDelete